NO Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day :)

Need help with my computer's audio. Dont really know what happend- one day my computer failed to start properly and I get a message to boot from CD. That problem disappeared but now I am unable to listen to music and my computer is unable to detect my audio device.

- Did Add Hardware- it was able to detect FM 801 PCI AUDIO (WDM)_ but when I do an automatic update- I get an error message that "Device cannot Start (CODE 10). - I have tried downloading several drivers with no luck.

- Under device manager- I either have FM 801 PCI AUDIO (WDM) or MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER with a Yellow exclamation mark

- I reinstalled my Windows SP2 XP- no change- restored computer- no change.

Any suggestions?

Here are my details (dont know if this is enough)

MOtherboard- GIGABYTE GA 60XT
BIOS VERSION: GBT 42302e3e1 Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
- name: AWARD MODULAR INTR V6.00PG
PENTIUM 3

Thanks for the reply-

checked speakers and theyre fine
reinstalled sound card but still get the same message- "The device cannot start"-besides it was working a few days back

do u have a driver for the sound card? one will have to be installed for it to work. if that is onboard sound then u will have to have the mother board drivers for it to work. and just because the drivers were working does not mean they could not have gotten corrupt. which ever u have reinstall the drivers for it.

Everything was working, until it stopped working. No matter what failure.
Did you delete and disable your drivers, before reinstalling?

Solved

Thanks for the suggestions- Was able to make it work-finally!!! :D

Pulled out the card and placed it back again - updated my driver for ForteMedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back