No Startup at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Culepatua

Hello,

My PC was running fine even if it was heating up a bit while in full load. So I was playing WoW, minding my own business and all of the sudden the screen goes black with a thin blue frame on the left side. So I'm like WTF and I try to reboot my PC. Surprise surprise, the PC wont do anything. Doesnt give the initial beep, no screen comes up, the fans are turning, the HDD seems to be working, but I still dont get whats going on. It cant be the power supply cause i had bought a new one the same day. So I try and clear the CMOS jumper, changed the RAM, took out the mobo out of the case to make sure its not being shorted, try with only one HDD, took out the video card and tried with the onboard video. Nothing worked. Now I have a non working piece of junk lying on top of my desk.

Snice you said you tried ram, viedo card, ect. why dont you try a new power supply, it may have burnt out while you were gamming

I bought a new PS that same day and I tried using another one from another PC but it would do the same thing.

Processor: Athlon XP 1700+
Motherboard: SY-K7VME
Memory: 512MB DDR RAM
PSU: 450W Generic
Processor Fan: Thermaltake (Model TT-8025) with a copper base

EXACTLY the same happened to me some time ago. The cause: The CPU was dead. It overheated a lot (palomino core, 180 Nm), and now it wont turn on. The machine doesn`t POST at all.

Have you cleaned and reseated the heatsink. Also, remove all the thermal grease, and apply some.

Ive done all that, I bought Arctic Compound just for that CPU and still doesnt work. I think its dead already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back