no task manager/regedit/cmd/msconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

aly

Hi all i hope i'm doing things right here, i read through the sticky for the task manager disabled thingy and i cant try any of the options coz of the following

1) when i hit ctrl+alt+del i get the message "Task manager has been disabled by your administrator"
I'm in my admin account, same thing happens in safe mode as well
2) when i try to run 'cmd' i get the same message "...disabled by your administrator"
3) i cannot run regedit.exe from the run console
4) msconfig is disabled as well
5) i cannot access folder options in my explorer under the tools tab

O/S - Windows XP SP2
A/V - Nod 32 2.7
Anti spy - Ad-aware/Spybot

i have used the following AV solutions so far, Norton,AVG,E-scan,Mc-affe and currently i'm using Nod32 2.7 as i found nod had found and healed/deleted more viruses as compared to the rest i have used earlier, but even nod is not detecting this one, along with nod i'm using spybot and ad aware.

I had installed a program which gives me total control to disable things for user accounts called 'Security Administrator'
When i loaded the program again after i got the disabled message for task manager i found my task manager and registry editing tools in my admin account were disable so i enabled them and tried to get Task manager up that didnt work as well.
I'm at my wits end and i dont feel like doing another re-install, i have attached my HJ log as well
thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of aly only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back