No taskbar, No icons just background help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm a newbie with computers and people refered me to this site for help.

My mom woke me up yesterday telling me that the computer had disappeared. Thinking that someone had stole it I ran down stairs to see what was wrong. The computer was there but there was a problem. There was no task bar, no icons (i have like 100), no nothing on the screen, just my ugly background I am also not able to right click anywhere on the screen. I've been reading old forum threads about this and people have told me to go Ctrl-Alt-Dlt or Ctrl-Shift-Esc and go to task manager and launch explorer.exe but that does not work because i am not able to launch the task manager by going Ctrl-Alt-Dlt or Ctrl-Shift-Esc :( .

I've done about 5 or 6 anti-virus and spy ware scans. The anti virus came up negative on all the tests and the spy ware caught a lot of them. I restarted the computer and I still have that problem. Strangely I am able to launch the internet from my little key board icon and from there go to file > openfile > and launch whatever application i want such as, MS word, WC3, Stalker, videos and music. It's like my whole computer is fine just that my desktop is totally gone. I'm currently doing this in safe mode. If someone could please help me get my desktop back it would help so much.

Thanks a million :)

Use the internet program to launch taskmanager located in WINDOWS\system32 as tskmgr.exe

Try it and get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back