No video output despite computer boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireballX301

I visited the AMD Techtour 2005 and picked up a part bundle to complete my computer. Major parts as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 3200
ASUS A8N-E motherboard
Gigabyte GeForce 6600 GT GV-NX66T128D
Two Kingston PC3200 512 sticks - KHX3200A/512R
350 gig WD Caviar, SATA
NEC DVD +- burner

I hooked up the parts and turned the computer on. The fans whir, the LEDs turn on, but I get no video output, just a 'no sync' tag. This is problematic, since the motherboard has no onboard VGA, so I can't tell exactly which part is dead/not working. Also, upon turning the computer on, I get periodic 2 second beeps from the speaker.

Anyone could give advice, that would be a great help to me. These parts are all brand new, and I was looking forward to this computer.

-Forgot to mention, the monitor that I was using for testing works fine, I was using it as a second monitor for this laptop for over a year now.

For starters do you get three beeps from the computer cuz if you do then its your video card. That should be the problem.

Sebastian :darth:

I am having troubles to

Compguy,
I recently had a Asus MEB-VM Motherborad given to me. I tryed to install it in my computer and when I turned on the computer it beeped three times and no video came out of my video card. I assume that it is the video card from what I read on one of your previous posts.

The odd thing is, I don't understand why it doesn't support my graphics card because the motherboard I had in my computer prior to the new one was a Legend-V PII motherboard and it supported it just fine. I would really like to use my graphics card without having to buy a new one. :dead:

I read somewhere that you can go into CMOS and set it so that it puts video out of the AGP slot instead of the onboard video.

If you could please help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bradley

SreepYeldarb said:
Compguy,
I recently had a Asus MEB-VM Motherborad given to me. I tryed to install it in my computer and when I turned on the computer it beeped three times and no video came out of my video card. I assume that it is the video card from what I read on one of your previous posts.

The odd thing is, I don't understand why it doesn't support my graphics card because the motherboard I had in my computer prior to the new one was a Legend-V PII motherboard and it supported it just fine. I would really like to use my graphics card without having to buy a new one. :dead:

I read somewhere that you can go into CMOS and set it so that it puts video out of the AGP slot instead of the onboard video.

If you could please help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bradley

Bradley go into cmos like you said and and take it out of the onboard and put it in you AGP slot. If that dosen't work send me a private message and I'll give you more options.

Good Luck, :angel:

sebastian :wave: :wave:

Fireball, check your RAM stick installation configuration. For two sticks they should be in DIMM slots A1 and B1 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back