no video output on new system build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently put together my first system and am having difficulty getting a video signal out to the monitor. Tried swapping video cards, monitors and adapter plugs, no effect. Seems to me that these items are no longer a potential source of trouble. Any other suggestions?

Motherboard EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 N680i SLI R
Graphics: VGA XFX PVT84JUDDD3 8600GT 256 MB R
Power: RAIDMAX RX-630A
CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600
RAM: OCZ DII800 - 2 GIG
HD: 320 GB Seagate

Tried replacing the PSU? Raidmax is a well-known maker of low-quality PSUs. Try it in another system and see if it works properly. Also, did you try the video card in another system to see if it works or not?

Is everything in your "new" system new? Have you tried a different motherboard? I know that's a lot of work but what else could it be? As you say, you have gone through the pix system. Good Luck.

have not tried the PS in another system, will try the easier swap (video card) first and verify it's good...if so, will try the power supply...

The video card does not have a dedicated power supply, not sure if that bit is relavent...

neglected to mention, when recieved, Quality Assurance sticker on MB box was broken and celophane was open. didn't appear as though it was opened enough to remove the MB, but I guess it could have been resealed...

will let you know results of swap.

The 8600GT doesn't need an external power connector, so don't worry about it. And if the seal was broken, you should have informed the store as soon as you received it. Always get sealed boxes of items. It makes sure you get quality parts.

I informed the company as soon as I recieved the board, they were very apologetic. Thought I'd try it anyway and see if it worked...

will most likley end up replacign the main board...

hi everybody

Hi this is aamir. there is a problem in my system after installing windows xp when computer restart after opening home page of xp a massege generate on moniter that "out of frequency" and after this massege on any output on the screen. But my cpu is still running. Please help me for this problem.
thanks.

@Aamir, are you sure your computer is running? Do you hear the Windows XP boot melody? Also, have you tried reseating the PC's video card?

RMA'd the main board

Well, I RMA'd the main board and now I have video out. victory one. Now when the board powers on, post code 7F is displayed and the system shuts down after about 10 - 15 seconds...suspect power supply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back