No Video Signal from new Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmntoldschool

Hello all. Ok heres me specs to start with: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 , Intel D975XBX, 2 gigs OCZ 4-5-4-15 DDR2 800mhz ram, Geforce 7950 GX2, Ultra X Connect to Power Supply 550 watt, WD 10000 RPM HD. My problem is i installed everything brand new, and no i am getting no video signal to my monitor, a 19inch WS LCD. I have connected al lthe cables properly. I have been building computers for years so i know everything is seated properly and it should all run. Heres what i do know. The Intel D975XBX board says it does not support 800 mhz ram, but i have read on sites you can use it and you can change the bios to allow it to use it. I also know that the older version of the mobo wasnt made for Core 2 Duo, but i have revision 304 mobo so it should be fine. I have tested the video card in a different computer and it worked perfectly. I have tried putting DDR2 667mzh ram into the computer, which intel says is supported. The computer still gets no signal from the video. The board is getting power, and the processor is seated correctly in the slot. Please if anyone has any ideas, please let me know

What do you mean put a mobo mount in the wrong place? not familiar with that , i always have just placed it and turned it on

The mobo mounts are the spacers that stand the mobo away from the back plate of your case. If you have one or more that dont lign up to a screw hole in the mobo they can short out the back of the mobo.

malamar

sounds like the same problem i had. just recently assembled a complete system using a d975xbx motherboard. no video,the fans didn,t run. even though i had a power lite on the motherboard. which only indicated that i had power to that section of the board.you have 2 other power connection on that board.you should make sure that you have power to those . anyway turns out my problem was "a bad power supply" hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back