No video signal on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

maXimus4444

When I boot up my machine there is no signal for the monitor to pickup. I've tried several monitors so thats not the problem. I checked the connections inside the box and everything is seated correctly. The machine is less than 6 months old, and this problem just started happening recently. LED's turn on when the power button is pressed. The fans also start up. Also, the caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock LED's on the keyboard keep flashing. Here's the specs:

Intel Pentium D 2.66 GHz
Intel Desktop board D865GSA
512 mg pc3100
integrated video & sound

First, if possible, try to connect another monitor then check. othewise it is likely your Video has gone (Which is possibly on the motherboard) alternatively you can try installing a new external video card in the PCI slot and run the machine if it works fine. If everything has failed then possible their is a chance of your video card failure.

Narinder

maXimus4444 said:
I've tried several monitors so thats not the problem.

integrated video & sound
The video is integrated. I've tried different monitors. I know the monitor works fine b/c I tested the monitor w/ another machine. My guess is PSU failure.

Its better first you try it with external Display card install it in the PCI slot and test your display again, if it it still not works only then you can reach to some conclusion.

maybe you have your onboard video card disabled or your AGP or PCI video card is disabled in the bios.. try pressing del.. den F5, den enter, den F10 den enter.. hehehehe..

Sorry its taken me so long to respond.
I took a look at the POST guide. I removed all peripherals. I removed the RAM and CPU. I put the RAM and CPU back in and booted up w/o the peripherals. The monitor gets a video signal for a second and then shuts off. Any ideas?

I made a mistake earlier - its PC3200 not 3100 (if that makes any difference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back