Well here is my system spec's

Corsair dual-channel pc 3200 memory

MSI "K7N2 Delta2 Platinum" Motherboard

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton",

ATI 9700 pro 128mb

120 gb Western Digital Hard Drive

Heres what happened, well it all started when i booted up my computer

(everything working fine) then intalling a game (HL 2)and rebooting i saw

that no video was sent to the monitor (then testing it on 2 diffrent pc's)

it worked fine, afterwords i went on ahead and ran some tests on my CPU (in

working condition)Memory (works like a dream)and went on ahead and

bought myself a new mobo(bad idea) so i get back intall my new mobo and

no luck i cant think of anything else to do right now (besides cry in some

corner) :D

any replys would be much appreciated

Pimp Named Jino

Did you try to boot without HDD see if you get a screen
remove vid card reset cmos and boot for a few sec's
shutdown add vid and boot again with no HDD this is to see if it is software related I have even taped on delete key during boot to force vram out of system.
only thing I found while trolling internet was refresh rate errors with that game?
I don't play games on my machines so I am not battle hardened.

it can be a number of things first as suggested try to do a boot without any hdd or cd drive ,clear cmos.also you need to mention exactly what happens when you press the power button, do the led's light up?,does the processor fan spin?,does the hdd make any noise?,do you get a beep or not?.it can be anything from your psu and incorrect agp setting in your bios to a device irq conflict and driver issue.post something else about what happens.

good luck

There is sound coming from harddrive cpu fan is on tried to boot up w/ no hdd or the cdrom and still nothing (everything inside the case works)no beeps (no case speaker) and i think thats it i went on ahead and bought a new psu as of right now i think it is the only thing that can be screwy

try on someone else's psu or case first(like a friends or a relatives)befoe you go ahead and decide to buy a new psu to replace your perfectly fine psu(you dont know the issue yet so dont jump ahead of yourself)try and take a look at all the connections to the mobo are fine and look at the cmos jumper and the case pin assingment(u know ....reset,on/off switch,leds,etc.)and also make sure your mobo is not touching any part of the case (the bottom)it might be getting earhted or something.

post whatever you decide to do

I have a similar problem with my monitor. It stopped working and I had to restart the computer a bunch of times to get it to respond. Now the monitor doesn't respond at all to the computer. The monitor powers on and the led goes from green to amber, as in standby but that is all. Trying other monitors on the same computer led to the same result.

I tried changing from the aftermarket video card to the onboard video after all else failed, but no response.

I'm getting frustrated. How do I know if this is a motherboard problem? (I'm starting to think it is). I have 2 video outputs, but neither work. Would both go at the same time?

By the way, this is a gateway pc.

hey thepriest

well as i said it can be a number of things first check these and report back here.

first open the case and then turn you pc on keep your eyes and ears open.look at the cpu fan does it spin at all?does it spin continuosly? or does it spin for a sec or two and then stop?.listen to the beep can you hear one?if yes than how many?.

two...tell me which sort of a system do you have(specs)cpu,mobo,video card or the gateway model for your pc if you know.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back