non-bootable windows xp cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELPPPPPPPP

my computer is not booting up to windows (xp).

It goes as far as the loading part (with the blue rectangles panning) and then it restarts; then it does the whole cycle over and over again.

I CANNOT go into safe-mode; it resets.

Later, a blue screen appears and says;

"STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because msvcrt.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Help! How do I get msvcrt.dll back in the system (to solve the problem?) in my circumstance?

"does not seem to work" means what? Did you enable CD booting in the BIOS just like the other threads told you to? You have to press a key to actually start the Windows installer from the CD, otherwise it will just skip over.

It is very likely that other OS components have been corrupted too, not just this DLL. You should test the RAM and the hard drive. Try to copy any important documents somewhere else using another computer or CD Linux like Knoppix. Format and reinstall.

Nodsu said:
"does not seem to work" means what? Did you enable CD booting in the BIOS just like the other threads told you to? You have to press a key to actually start the Windows installer from the CD, otherwise it will just skip over.

It is very likely that other OS components have been corrupted too, not just this DLL. You should test the RAM and the hard drive. Try to copy any important documents somewhere else using another computer or CD Linux like Knoppix. Format and reinstall.

sorry; my windows xp cd does not seem to boot in bios (if that makes sense). The CD booting in BIOS is enabled (first boot).

What is the key you need to press to actually start the windows installer from the cd?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It may be that your registry hive is corrupted.

This is the meaning of your error message.

0xC0000135: UNABLE TO LOCATE DLL
Windows attempted to load a DLL file and encountered some error condition. Among the many possible causes are that the file is missing or damaged, or that there is Registry corruption.

Go HERE and click on 135: Can`t locate dll. This is in the righthand pane, eighth entry from the bottom.

Read the 2 articles associated with this.

DLL File: msvcrt or msvcrt.dll
DLL Name: Microsoft C Runtime Library

look at this article HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Memory problems can cause failure to start properly,
Test your memory make sure it is OK
The easiest way is to replace your memory with known good chips.
Try your friendly computer guy see if you can try his memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back