Norton antivirus and sp2 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacind

hi

i hope you guys can help me out. i am running xp home. and i had norton 05 installed and was running sp1, then last night i decided to upgrade to sp2. but im getting two problems.
first whever i turn my computer on, i get a few messeges saying
"norton antivirus 2005 does not support repair feature. please reinstall". i read somewhere that this may be because i dont have the norton folder in my Start->All programs menu. is their a way around it?
and secondly i for some reason cannot turn my firewall off in the security settings. ive gone into the windows firewall option and turned it off their, but in my security center, it still says firewall on with the green button.

tia
wacind

The security center is just doing it's job .It is supposed to report 'any' working up to date firewall, so I suppose you have another brand on your machine.
Norton is another story , Microsoft does admit they may be a problem especially if Security center does not recognize it correctly/ or Live update is not completeing .(You must re-run Live update 2-3 times back to back after a reboot,until it says you are up to date)
Otherwise Norton has to be re-installed , I recommend getting the clean up tool at Symantec before you re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back