Norton Disk Doctor error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharicci

I recently installed the newest version of Nortons Utilities. I use Windows XP and have one hard drive. When I try to run Norton Disk Doctor to correct the error that I need to have my virus definitions up-to-date I get caught in a "loop".

I get the error "Norton Disk Doctor cannot obtain the physical characteristics of hard disk 2 and its unable to test the partition information of the drive.
If this is a fixed disk or external hard drive, ensure the cables are properly connected. If this is a removable drive please insert media".

I do not have any external drives. Only the C drive.

I installed the same software on my laptop and it runs great; no errors like this!

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Sharon :

"hard disk 2".. Do you have any other storage connected to your computer? A USB flash drive or some virtual disk perhaps? A cardreader?

Norton Disk Doctor Hard Disk "2"

Nodsu,

Yes, I do have a USB Flash Card and a Card reader attached to my computer via USB ports. Do you think this is the problem where Norton Disk Doctor is looking for a second hard drive? Thank You.
Sharicci

Yes I do. Try removing or disabling these devices to make NDD happy. (Or put some media in as requested)

NDD Hard Disk 2 problem

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this and let you know what happens. I appreciate your assistance.

Good Advice

Thank You. I unplugged the card reader and NDD no longer was looking for a second hard drive and now my computer/Nortons Status is GOOD! Thank You very much! Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back