Norton Systemworks 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased an online upgrade to 2006. It downloaded but install failed: error message received and instructions followed. It happened again. I contacted support and gave them remote access to my computer to check for problems and install the software. The install froze at initialization. Re-contacted support and they suggested I had a virus and that I reboot the computer. I did that. Everything slowed waaaaaaaaaay down. Contacted support. They said to run a remote virus scan from their website. Couldn't access the internet---no more connection in windows xp. Contacted support. Had to be a problem with the ISP---no, there was now no connection in windows. Insisted it was an ISP problem. ISP checked and everything fine. Contacted support. Insisted I do remote scan through internet. Couldn't. Tried to make new network connection. Message: insufficient memory. Contacted support. They couldn't help until I connected to the internet and ran a virus scan.
Contacted a repair contracter, who came and scanned the computer for viruses, found none, but XP corrupted sufficiently that had to do a clean install. Bill = $171CDN. Contacted support. Refunded $ for product, waiting to hear about restitution for repair.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m sorry to hear you`ve had so many problems.

I see so many problems caused by that crap it`s unbelievable. I have to say Symantec/Norton crapware should be avoided like the plague.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
I have to say Symantec/Norton crapware should be avoided like the plague.

I have heard so many bad things about norton/symantec but I've been using NAV and NIS for about 2 years (I recently got a new pc and now using AVG) and I have never had a single problem with either, except the liveupdate is annoying since you constantly have to restart...

Anyways, it seems that its just the luck of the draw that determines whether you do or dont have any probs.

Regards,

korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back