Not able to install any os

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever i put a os cd in my drive ...........its detecting but after checking it says hardware not installed properly i tried out bios update too but no use ........ plzzz help.............my motherboard s dg33fb

What OS are you trying to install? Is the optical drive SATA or PATA?

hardware not installed properly

Have you reseated the harddrive ?

I have not looked up dg33fb, so I'm not aware if this is a Laptop or PC
Usually the more information provided the better, for you

Now Iam Running On Vista N I Want tO Install Xp...... I Have Desktop Comp........ N MY DVD DRIVE IS SATA.......

I don't know if XP will install over a Vista program. I'm not positive about the XP over Vista issue, but whenever I've tried to install an older O.S. than is currently installed on that drive, it won't install. I don't know why Microsoft does this but it will tell you "you are trying to install an older O.S. than your current O.S." You may need to put your Vista on another drive. Good Luck.

its detecting but not gng in the setup ....... if it goes into the setup n it shows the error then the might be as u told....but ...its showing hardware not installed properly.....

You need o create another partition, to install Xp and Vista on the same machine.
Here's Gparted, this program can help you create a new partition.

But if you want to install Xp, instead of Vista, you need to format the partition.
Obviously on both scenarios, you will need to backup first.

There are a lot of threads already here at TechSpot on this issue, Xp and Vista, just use the search feature.

But you will need some technical knowledge, to do this.

There's a real simple page here:
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/index.php

But did it come with a Help menu?
There's a lot in it for beginners, but basically you're reducing the size of C drive (defrag first)
And the creating a new Partition

I use Partition Magic (must pay for)
So I can't offer much help on step by step instructions
You must read it all yourself.

VISTA downgrade to XP is not good idea at ALL. You will need to wipe and re-install for this.

VISTA is a complete re-write from XP so the while the BASE Code is similar it is not the same. you can however upgrade from XP to VISTA

You have stated that you have a SATA drive so you will also need the SATA drivers for your motherboard. I do not understand what model mobo you have so not sure where u get the drivers from.

Hope this helps

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back