Not booting from hdd only from dvd/cd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am still finding problems with my first build.I sorted my earlier problem which was wrong memory now My pc has booted enough for me to install win xp and works fine until I shut down and then it will only reboot with the cd in the drive and boots up after saying, press any key to boot from cd.I dont press any key and it reboots ok.The bios recognise the drive and the order of boot is removable/cd rom/dard disk. Please be patient with me i am learning.Dallond

You need to go into the BIOS and set the 1st boot device as the floppy or HD0(hard drive 0). The setting should be under Advanced or Boot.

Still no joy

Hi! I tried your tips and sorry still no joy,!st bootdevice floppy/second boot device cd rom/ 3rd hard disk/4th lan.On the start up it says bios shadow status (shadowed) is this relevant. I still get the same message :- disk boot failure,Insert system disk and press enter. Then comes press any key to boot from cd.And the system boots up. The mother board is a msi ms 6577( hp xenon4 ver 2.1/Hdd wd800 Dallond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back