Not genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef_jerky4104

Well I have a genuine copy of M$ Windows XP PRO SP1. But M$ says I don't and won't let me download updates from them. This is leaving a huge gap in security in my PC. I managed to download Service Pack 2 from some random website. It is installed can anybody direct me to any other 3rd Party websites that I could get similar updates from?

I have an old Genuine copy of XP Home pre sp1 that has the same problem. I have a Genuine copy of XP Pro SP2 that I use now. Suck it up and by a new copy of XP Home or Pro, SP2. You can get Pro, SP2 for around $90

Yeah, I have a friend who's company has a contract deal thing with M$. He said he could probably get me a copy of Vista Business for $10.

Call Microsoft. I seriously doubt a 'genuine' copy of the software would be locked out UNLESS you bought it (with or without a comp) from someone who copied it and is still using it.

Going around the issue just makes you a criminal too.

IMO

:)

The Windows Update problem is an Activation problem I know. I can call Microsoft but to update XP Home all the way to SP1 and SP2 is a real pain :zzz:

Tmagic650 - once you get the approval just make a slipstreamed disk and never have to worry again.

I have made Slipstreamed copies of XP Home SP2 but they are "lost" in my office somewhere... I have Windows 98SE, Windows Me Full, Windows 2000 Pro (no service packs) that I never use any longer. I can find those :rolleyes:

In fact, I have a Windows 95 Rev. C here too

The bad part is I can't download IE7 so I'm using Mozilla because it has tabs too. I hate using more than one window. But because of the new layout I'm not quite used to Mozilla.

Yes I know this is a double post, but it has a different subject from the last.

I noticed Automatic Updates was download updates. Maybe they will still install. I will reply when this is confirmed.

EDIT: It is confirmed. I recieved the message telling me I had to restart my PC to complete the update process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back