Not quite sure whats going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsie

My internet seems to be on the fritz lately.
The server randomly goes out or something along those lines. The internet just stops working yet it doesnt kick me off of AIM or MSN messanger.
Yet once I restart the computer and the dsl box, its fine.
It just started doing that maybe a week ago.
Also, my firefox sometimes will close. I'll get one of those "Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close." pop-ups and there it goes!
It only started doing that about a week ago as well.
Not quite sure whats going on but I figured that I'd ask and see what you guys can do.
I've also attached my HJT log.
So, any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
Your HJT log looks clean to me. Howard might find something though. Have you installed any new programs lately? Download Ccleaner and run the cleaner and the registry tool and fix the issues it finds and we'll see if that helps.
http://www.ccleaner.com/

Also update and run your Anti-Virus software.

You`re quite right fastco, that is a clean HJT log.

Chelsie: Contact your ISP and ask them if there are any problems in your area.

Regards Howard :)

Well, thanks for taking a look at my HJT log, guys.
I ran the CCleaner and it fixed quite a few things but. . . the same thing keeps coming up and wont go away lol.
Keeps coming up with Unused File Extension and no matter how many times I click fix the issues, those six just WONT go away.

Chelsie said:
Well, thanks for taking a look at my HJT log, guys.
I ran the CCleaner and it fixed quite a few things but. . . the same thing keeps coming up and wont go away lol.
Keeps coming up with Unused File Extension and no matter how many times I click fix the issues, those six just WONT go away.

Thats absolutely nothing to worry about. I get exactly the same with my Ccleaner.

I'm just going to post this in here since I dont feel like taking up more room hah.
It's probably just me and my paranoi but I dont know. . . things just seem to be running slow today (with my computer, I mean)
I did spybot and ad-aware last night and CC-cleaner and ATF but I figured that I'd just post my HJT and make sure everythings clean and what not.
So, a look would be great =]
Thank you all much

Again, your HJT log is clean as a whistle.

In order to speed up your pc do the following.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything you don`t need or use.

Click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears click on the startup tab and disable anything you don`t want to start with winows. Click apply/ok. You will be prompted to restart your computer.

Once your system has restarted, you will see a window that says you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the little box that says not to run msconfig the next time you start your system and click ok.

Download and run the Ccleaner programme from HERE. Run the programme a few times. Also click on the issues button and click on the scan for issues button. Click the fix select button followed by fix all slected issues button. Do this several times until no more issues are found.

Run a disk defrag twice.

Reboot your system and see how it runs.

You have no idea how annoyed I am with myself lol but.
My windows security fire-wall seems to have dis-abled itself.
I was running Spy-Bot and it came up with 1 entry for Windows Firewall disablednotify and 2 entrys for windows security anti-virusdisable notify and a windowsfirewall overidefirewall.

That`s ok and nothing to worry about.

Just have Spybot fix those entries.

It doesn`t matter about your Windows firewall being disabled, because you have the Zonealarm firewall.

Windows firewall is a heap of junk and shouldn`t be used anyway.

if your pc is running slow, could it be that maybe you are running too many spyware/antivrus programmes from startup, eg, avg, ewido,winows defender and spybot etc.

Hmm, possibly.
All I've got really is: AVG, Spy-boy, Ad-aware and windows defender. Sure, I've got some other stuff but its mostly just things that block other things lol.

tomrca may well be right.

Get rid of the Windows defender software, it`s not needed.

You`ve got quite enough protection with AVG/Zonealarm/SS&D/Ewido/Ad-Aware.

Chelsie said:
Alright, I can do that.
I've also got SpywareBlaster, Ccleaner and ATF.

They are good programmes that don`t run in the background so no worries there.

I`ve been running spybot and Zonealarm for a longtime and have never had any problems.

However, I don`t have Spybot running in the background. I only use it to scan every now and again.

Yes'm, I only use spybot to run a check every once in awhile.
Okay then.
Those are the only programs that I have running on here.
Besides AVG, which. . . has never given me any problems and I'm pretty much attached to lol.
Though, I did have a photo program on here that I un-installed about. . . well, a bit ago and things are running pretty much normaly now lol, so it may have been that, I dont know.

As far as I`m concerned, your system is clean and well protected.

Providing you`re sensible with your surfing habits, you shouldn`t have any problems.

You only need to run a system scan every week or two, so stop worrying and enjoy your computer lol.

Hah yes.
Basically, I worry too much.
Just how I am.
But, I try not to.
Thanks for all your help though.
I really do appreciate it.

don't worry chelsie, you can rely on howard, i used to ware a belt and braces until i got a real bad tummy bug, lololololol:haha:

tomrca said:
don't worry chelsie, you can rely on howard, i used to ware a belt and braces until i got a real bad tummy bug, lololololol:haha:

Lol that`s funny mate.

Chesie did add a further post to this thread, but I have moved it to it`s own thread in our Windows OS forum.

See HERE. Apparently she is having problems with viewing pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back