Not sure what is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attempted to use @BIOS from Gigabyte and update from F4 to F10 since I wanted to upgrade my CPU . It showed an error at about 87% complete. Write error. I assumed it didn't complete and turned off the computer. This morning after the usual load the screen goes blank when the windows screen usually opens up. I cleared CMOS and reset to defaults in BIOS setup and it is still the same. The screen is getting power but it does not run past this point. I boot up from the xp cd and it got to the point that it says setup is starting windows. It does not get past this point.

Giga-byte K8NS Ultra-939
AMD 64 3500+ 200Mhz, Windows XP SP1.

Thanks!

Justin

Hello, ridejumpfly, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, i hate to be the bringer of bad news, but if a BIOS update fails, it usually ends up in your motherboard being a big, expensive paperweight :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back