Not your ordinary 0x024 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey TechSpot guys first post but long time reader.!

Now lets get down to business;

Okey i have had the 0x024 ntfx problem before and what i did then was:
Loaded up Knoppix did a ntfsfix bang.. windows is working again... simple huh?

Now whats diffrent this time is that when i am in Shell doing the
- "ntfsfix /dev/sda1"
i get a reply saying that the harddrive is busy.. now i am not sure if i am doing annything wrong so ill just list down quickly what i do

I open shell in Knoppix i type "Su" i typ then "ntfsfix /dev/whatevermyportion is called. Is this right?

btw after a while i rebooted the computer whent in to bios and changed my first boot device to my main harddrive (were the issue is) when i start up the computer gets stuck at .. " Veryfing DMI pool data" its not like it freezes or annything it just dosent get anny further.

Now my questions are:

How shall i get windows up and runing again?
Am i doing the hole ntfsfix thing right?
the DMI thing annything seriuse?

Sorry about spelling guys.. thanx for all help i can get !

Get your windows boot disk (install disk) and get to the recovery console. At the command prompt type CHKDSK, let that run and then reboot. Get back to me with results

Okey i put in the instal disc and i press F8 ... I get up "Verifying DMI pool data" ... i was a bit suprised.. i tryd booting with out F8 get it up but it ses its updating.. it dosent look like my computer has frozen just looks like its taking its time.. but something has to be wrong when you wait for 40 min and the same screen is still their right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back