Notebook Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
(I'm not sure if this is in the rigth section of the forum.)

Today i started my notebook up when i came back i saw my screen was stuck and there ware collored stripes over my screen.

I thought it was some kind of error and i couldn't do anything with my laptop.
So i plugged it out so it didn't had any power source.

Now when i put it back on the screen stays black.
The On lamp burns.
The Cpu lamp burns for a few secunds and goes out.
I still can hear the fan working.
When i put a CD in the driver the Cpu blinks a few secunds and stops.

The Point is that my screen stays black mather what i do i searched arround on the net and i don't think it has to do with the blacklight.

I don't kno what to do.
My last hope is that (i think its stuck in "sluimer mode" kind of stand-by)when my battery goes low it auto shuts it self down.
And be back to normal.

But i want to hear what you think.
Or mybe some 1 els herer had same problem and solved it.

Medion MD 98200
Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Intel® Pentium® dual-coreprocessor T2060
Mobiele TV
1024 MB DDR2 SDRAM
HD 120 GB S-ATA
Accu (high-performance Li-Ion-accu)
WLan
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Based on PCI-Express-technologie
Think this all info you can use to find out the problem.
Thx for helping.

When you say be back to normal do you mean the monitor comes back on, or the signs (as in like fan sounds, etc.), you getting from the laptop go back to how it would usually operate. Also if you could possible tell of any previous problems (no matter how slight the case) you may have had with you monitor also what it was that you were doing before you left the laptop before coming back to it because you said "i started my notebook up when i came back i saw my screen was stuck".
This information may more help to someone being able to have a better idea as to what the problem may be. As for me the most i could probably say (never really worked on a laptop :p) is that you take it to a repair station and have it looked at.

I hope that you get a quick response as to your post and the problem you are experiencing :)

With back to normal i ment to the normal operating state before the black screen happend.

olso i had a few problems before yes like some times i got a blue screen with text on it about some error i think this had to do with the grafix driver.

thought i updated my grafix driver to the last version always.
but Intel grafix driven aren't that good in my opinion.
Olso there on board, and not like most grafix driver in a pc.

(This is my first Laptop and i got it like 2-3 months and its gone all rong olready :s)

For what i was doing before i came back.
I just restarted my laptop, i forgot something to do on my laptop, so i started it back up.

The time between the shut down and restart wasn't to long.

Mybe its over heated ??
Thought i have done that often olready before, so i think that can't be it olso.

Olso if i bring my laptop in at a repair point.

It probally will thake more then a month to repair it at mybe a cost thats mybe to high for repairing.

First i want to figure out what it is if its worth repairing.

(Btw it took me like 6 months to get my laptop from the shop where i bought it :s)

oh and mybe this will help olso when i got the black screen i don't have a mouse pointer olso, so its totaly black.

Wow that is a mighty long time to for a delivery to be made and as such i agree that sending it to a repair station would be a method of last resort, but as previously stated although in not the same wording, i am not familiar with laptop problems (my laptop has just recently been ordered in the US and will be sent to me after prolly 1-2 weeks till i get mine), but for now all i can suggest is that if you havn't already, to just run with the original graphics driver for awhile (prolly 3-7days) and see if the problem re-occurs and to try to make sure that the temperature of the laptop be kept as cool as possible by either get a cooling pad or limiting the usage time.
Sorry that i can not offer any better advice but as for now this is the best i can give.

you think its the software or the hardware ?

Mybe i need to format my HD of my laptop but i don't know how to do that with out getting something on my screen.

is it possible to instal a operating system on a portable storage room (don't kno the real official name of it)
and bind it with the laptop to format its driver ?

thought if its hardware then there is only the sollution to get it to a repair point.

unless i fix it my self, thought it would be such a good idee

corola10, let's clear things out. ok?
1st. when you turn on your laptop - is there some image(like vendor's logo, BIOS screen etc)?
2nd. let your northbridge chip(where video integrated) becomes hot. run some tests like 3dmark.
3d. after answering these questions we can make some help :)

ok running my battery low wasn't a solution.

Its still the same.

The problems i suspect are:
Grafix driver burn up or other hardware.
Or a big Software mess.

lamo said:
corola10, let's clear things out. ok?
1st. when you turn on your laptop - is there some image(like vendor's logo, BIOS screen etc)?
2nd. let your northbridge chip(where video integrated) becomes hot. run some tests like 3dmark.
3d. after answering these questions we can make some help :)

1.No image at all on black screen and some boot sounds like normaly
2.I think it will be quied hard to run the test with 0 visuality
or you can explain me how to test it.
3. i hope you can help thx

BTW This is not my laptop ofcours iff ppl think that this is my pc other whys i could post these messages ofcours.

This is a quote from another forum website

"
Current versions of Windows should not be installed to USB hard disk drives because Windows does not support USB hard disk drives as the primary boot device.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/usb-boot.mspx"

corola10 said:
1.No image at all on black screen and some boot sounds like normaly
2.I think it will be quied hard to run the test with 0 visuality
or you can explain me how to test it.
3. i hope you can help thx

BTW This is not my laptop ofcours iff ppl think that this is my pc other whys i could post these messages ofcours.

if the laptop has a vga slot you could try plugging an external monitor into it and see if you are able to see is the most i can say in regards to getting something to look at.

i olso forgot to say that i olready tested my vga slot with this current monitor i'm using for my pc and it gives olso a black screen so i think the screen on the laptop is fine but probally the driver is broken

i olso have tested it with my tv and my tv gives olso a black screen (or just no signal)

But normally if i haven't got anything plugged on my monitor it will say "no signal".
& if i plug the cable on to the rong driver on my pc it will olso give "no signal" sign

so i'm getting a but confused now

corola10, ok. so please, tell me, is there any image on external monitor? if not - your northbridge may broken. the repairing will be very expensive.
if yes - may be the LCD screen or LCD cable can be broken.(if LCD screen broken - only replacing will helps you.)

lol pretty much i am guessing that either way lamo is saying that getting it repaired is inevitable.

ok thx

i'm going to bring it in and see what it is and if its worth repairing insted of buying a new 1. :/

Thx for helping firgure this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back