Notebook Cooling Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredmachine

I have an HP DV9500t notebook that gets pretty toasty at times, especially when the room is warmer. I'm wondering what type of cooling platform would be best..obviously the more fans the better, but i'm wondering because it has a fan on the bottom and I dont know if the fans from the platform would suck up all of the cool air that the fan on the computer is trying to pull into the case. I'm looking at some on newegg that look nice..just wondering which is best for my computer.

I reccomend that you take apart the laptop and replace the thermal paste with some AS-5. This will reduce your temperatures by at least 10-15 Celsius.

Are there different air flow directions in different models? How do I know what will work best?..I dont want to take it apart

Buying a notebook cooling platform is more hassle than help. If you want to reduce your temperatures, you can also try downloading speedfan, and increasing the fan speed to 100%, but then it will be very loud.

I have heard that a cooling platform works well, i dont want to do anything too technical. Hp wouldnt have made a computer that you have to open up and grease if it got that hot. I really just want to know what type of cooling platform I need since I have an intake fan on the bottom of my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back