Notebook fan not stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya. Can anyone advise me with a problem with my FS Amilo D 1845 cpu fan. I have noticed recently that the fan does not step up and down with the CPU temperature like it used to. The notebook overhaeats as a result. Also the CPU temperature never changes from 66C when i monitor it with Sandra SiSoftware. The fan is working ok constantly though.

Is there some way that the tempersture sensor might have got turned off? The BIOS is very basic and doesnt allow me access to any of the low level attributes.

Thanks for your help.

CPU: P4 mobile/ 3Ghz/ 4*133 Mhz

take a can of compressed air (available at any local computer/electronics store) and clean the unit out best you can without taking it apart. is it still under warranty?

Its out of warranty so I did a thorough clean but no joy. What worries me is the temp sensor doesnt seem to be working. Using Speedfan it always returns a temp of 75C even just after startup. Is there any way to see if the sensor is working ok?

go into your BIOS and see if there is a hardware monitor. 75C is possible for a unit with a malfunctioning fan, and is a dangerously high temp.

I dont think the temperatue sensor is working. According to Sandra the temp never budges from 75 even when the laptop has just been turned on. Its a bum reading i think. Is there someway of resetting the sensor system? Maybe I could try reloading some driver?

The BIOS is very basic and doesnt give me access to any hardware monitor. Its a Uniwill 257SA0/SIS 648FX board/set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back