Nothin like Getting Rammed by my Ram!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided that it was time to upgrade my memory from 512 PC2700 to 1 gig PC2700. I did this and it worked sucessfully till...I noticed that my cd-rom and dvd burner were not responding when i tried to play a Dvd movie. I went to my bios and found that it wasnt picking up any of my cd drives or dvd drives. I tried taking out the new ram and putting back the old ram but it didnt help. I also tried messing with the master and slave cords abit but nothing seems to work.

Basically I need some pointers on how to install and dvd drive and cd drive that wont appear in bios.

My specs:
Athlon Xp: 2600+ @ 2.13
512x2 pc2700
fx 5700LE agpx8

Hello comradalex and welcome to techspot, have you tryed unplugging and plunging back in the wires for the drivers, both power and ide cable as you may have knocked them loose while upgrading, just a thought

good luck

Hi and welcome to Techspot!

Try plugging only one drive, and set its jumper to "Master" (check the drive's label for more info).

Then try again, it should work now. If it does, then connect the second drive, and set its jumper to "Slave".

It HAS to work now ;) Unless something is very wrong there.

Regards :)

You may have broke that IDE controller installing the RAM. You'd probably have to be pretty rough for that to happen.

i got a new slave and master cord and it seems to be working find now. I guess i should be more careful with that cord but i was extremely gentle the
1st time but it works now 8).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back