Nothing comes up on Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i am excited to find someone (a guru if you will :) ) that knows these motherboards , because i am at my witts end. First let me say i am on my 2nd mobo and have the same problem. Here goes ... I have everything plugged in and the board seems ok fans come on , LEDs (all 4) are lit . My problem is nothing comes on the monitor.. it acts like the monitor is not plugged into the video card , in fact it says on Both ( i have tryed 2 monitors ii know work) to check my cables. Without a bios screen or a prompt of some sort not much i can do. Here is my componets ... DFI UT NF4 SLI-D Lanparty Motherboard / Enermax noisetaker 600w sli rdy Power Supply / 2GB of OCZ dual channel memory / WD 160GB SATA hard drive / AMD athlon 64 939 3800 + CPU / 2 - XFX 6800GT video cards (tryed both SLI and single VGA) / .. If there is anything you can think of to help me out i would be VERY greatful . Thank you ahead of time
owenPC

are you even getting a post?

test other hardware in known working computer. if you have tried 2 motherboards then i would say probably some other hardware is causing your problems.

Hate to confirm the obvious, but you never know....

Do you have a power cable going from your PSU directly to the video card(s)? Do you have the power cable (I can't remember how many pins it is offhand) that is specifically for the SLI? I believe you should have 3 connections on your motherboard in total that each need a cable from the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back