Nothing displays to the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got all of the parts I need in order to build a computer. When I installed everything and hooked it up to the monitor, nothing was being displayed. I thought the monitor might be bad, so I tried another monitor and still nothing. I thought maybe my motherboard was bad, so I replaced it with another motherboard and processor that my friend told me worked in his computer, and still nothing was displaying to the screen. I tried replacing the power supply thinking the old one wasn't supplying enough juice and still no bios is being displayed to the screen. Can anyone help me?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need more info first please fill in your system specs in my.TS.forum at the top of this page(click on edit profile).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If nothing, not even the first boot screen, is displaying then the hardware is not even being detected/recognized. You may need to:

a) get a BIOS update/upgrade
b) change your BIOS settings for your monitor(s)
c) change either your processor or your monitor to one that is compatible

I don't know how you will be able to do either (a) or (b) though.

It could also be due to a broken circuit, a faulty connector or a faulty component on your motherboard or a faulty or loose cable in your computer. You might want to recheck everything very carefully.

I presume your monitor is hooked up, plugged in and turned on.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back