Nothing shows up in "change or remove programs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filard

That is basically the problem. I open Add/remove programs and this section has nothing listed. The other areas are fine. Thanks in advance for any help.

Filard said:
That is basically the problem. I open Add/remove programs and this section has nothing listed. The other areas are fine. Thanks in advance for any help.

How long are you waiting? Sometimes on my computer it takes a few minutes for anything to show up. anyway try leaving it on a couple minutes and see what happens.

Hope this helps.
Late
Puppetgrimm1

Hello Filard.

Go HERE and read my post.

Perhaps doing a repair install of your os would help. I`m assuming that you are either running Windows XP or 2000.

Instructions on how to do this can be found HERE.

If you do a repair you will have to do all the Windows updates again after you have finished.

Regards Howard :) :)

puppetgrimm1 said:
How long are you waiting? Sometimes on my computer it takes a few minutes for anything to show up. anyway try leaving it on a couple minutes and see what happens.

Hope this helps.
Late
Puppetgrimm1

Hey Puppet. I left it on for like 10 minutes and still nothing. Thanks for the reply though. I think I am going to try to do that repair that Howard suggested.

I open Add/remove programs and this section has nothing listed

I open Add/remove programs and this section has nothing listed. The other areas are fine. Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

On the add/remove programs screen, there is a checkbox 'show updates' which by default is on. With it off, you only see the non-microsoft installs. But it's not that simple is it?

:knock: :knock: -- this is a very old thread. Please start a current one for yourselves :)

ps: nothing in the ADD/Remove means \windows\$ntUninstallxxxxx$ files are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back