Novell Client Password & Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

topkat690

Hi, I just got a dell pc from my brother who got them from a company that is changing out all ther old pc's for newer ones the problem is that the office manager does not know the passwords or usernames to the pc I have which is xp professional. when I boot up the computer it goes to the Novell Client login screen does anyone know how I can get around this and remove it from the computer?

Topkat690

First, you are better off formatting the thing and reinstalling Windows from scratch.
Second, you have to know at least the password of the local administrator, so see above.
Third, you probably did not receive any licenses for any additional software installed on the PC (Office for example), so see point 1.

No offense mate, but how do we know that you got that pc from someone else? For all we know, you couldve stolen it for data retrieval or something... I don't feel right helping you with this - sorry.

Regards,

Korrupt

Well we'll be kind, and give the benifit of the doubt and assume its all legit etc. since some buisnesses do some spring cleaning and also change out their old tech for new ones as you may know.

You can try break the novell password by use of some software app but since i don't know much of them i can't help you on that. Second, as Nodsu's presented you, wiping the HDD and starting from scratch is the better and less time consuming then searching for workarounds, at this present moment.

korrupt said:
No offense mate, but how do we know that you got that pc from someone else? For all we know, you couldve stolen it for data retrieval or something... I don't feel right helping you with this - sorry.

Regards,

Korrupt

No offenense taken but it is not stolen I have much higher morals than that I also have no problem with formatting the hard drive but I don't have a windows xp disk just the one that came with my newer dell since they only make them for dell computer will it work on any dell?

Can I reformat the drive even though I can't get to windows and can I install xp home over xp professional?

topkat690 said:
Can I reformat the drive even though I can't get to windows and can I install xp home over xp professional?

Yes, boot from the Windows install CD.

1. Start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM. To do this, insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your computer.
2. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
3. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
4. Read the End-User License Agreement, and then press F8.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where you want to install Windows XP.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Windows XP Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back