Now NowHere's a Crash I've Never Experienced Before: ati2dvag.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

My system is 10 months old. My video card is a connect3D Radeon X800GTO 256 megs w/DDR3 mem. it has never been overclocked I have never had an issue -- until 30 minutes ago. At first I thought it was another Kerio crash.

I have had hair pulling sessions with Sunbelt's Kerio Firewall and BSoDs through 3 separate versions and finally I think their latest version has rectified the issue.

Then I get the ati2dvg.dll that is an ATI issue which, honestly, really surprised me. it actually occured when my son attempted to play music files on Windows Media Player 10. We've never had trouble before. I have researched and I noticed that there are three suggestions on how to handle this:

1. Uninstall all things pertaining to ATI and then reinstall from installation disk and run as is.

2. Do not uninstall fully except current driver and reinstall the latest driver.

3. Follow #1 and then uninstall old driver and then install new driver.

What do you think is the best recourse? For those that read my minidump is there anything else that I should be aware of.? I do need to take into account that this crash came after I installed the latest version of Kerio firewall but it seems stable.

Thanks.

I would try option #1, except I would use the latest Catalyst driver from the ATI/AMD site instead of the outdated one on the installation disk. Click here for the ATI/AMD page to get the latest driver. Catalyst 7.3 is the latest and it just came out today.

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, it really suprised me thatthis occured because I've never had issues with a video card before except years ago when my Asus Ti4200 went artifact on me.

And thanks for the heads up about the new Catalyst Driver. The only reason I didn't utilize 7.1 or 7.2 earlier is because they were underwhelming in what they offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back