NT Authority Shutdown Notice

Maurice

Thank you, Techspot!!
You saved my life [well, my computer anyway] got onto your website & saw your info, re; NT Authority Shutdown Notice, just about managed to print it before the dreaded "NT" bug shut me down, got a shop to d/load the patch to floppy, & that was it, GONE!! can't thank you enough, I understand that 60,000 PC's have been affected so far. I have e-mailed all in my address book, quoting TECHSPOT.....more power to your elbow!

Thanks very much for your appreciation and support.

Some of us at Techspot have been here for years, helping people and posting here.

Long ago, I found this site by doing a google search for something. I instantly knew I had found something special.

Keep posting and keep reading. There's some very good discussions here.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Thanks very much for your appreciation and support.

Some of us at Techspot have been here for years, helping people and posting here.

Long ago, I found this site by doing a google search for something. I instantly knew I had found something special.

Keep posting and keep reading. There's some very good discussions here.
Exact same thing with me. Even the years part.

It is great to hear this type of feedback. It is great to know that we are helping others one person at a time. And lateley we have been helping a lot with that NT Authority problem, which makes me feel great.

Many of us regulars have been posting for years as Phantasm has said, because we like the atmosphere, and people.

Hi! I want to thank everyone for their help with this msblaster worm. I also found a site that can help take the worm out of your pc. Even if you downloaded the patch the worm is still there and it does mess with things like your control panel. My daughters pc was running slow and in her control panel I would get messages like such and such not responding. Go to www.f-secure.com/v-descs/msblast.shtml There they have a step by step instructions on what to do. Takes about 8mins You also need winzip to unzip the tool to get rid of the worm. My daughter pc is running fine now. And once again thanks to everyone. Techspot is in my bookmark.

I first visited this site for its Win2K services tweaks. But it's the forums and news updates, especially security-related ones, that keep me coming back for more.

Yeah, the forums and news updates are great. There aren't many reviews (hardware, software, etc.) here, so if it wasn't for the forums/news/guides there wouldn't be much reason to visit on a daily basis. I too found this site through google. That search engine sure has a lot to answer for :=).

me 2 i found it thrue google read a thred and then posted my prob now my pc is fine:D it's the best computer related forum on the web...welli think so:D

I too found this site through google. That search engine sure has a lot to answer for.
Same here. I haven't been here as long as some, and I get more help than I give, but I to think it's a great site and plan on being here for a long time.

I think quite a few people get more help than they give, that is the point, right?

There is nothing wrong with that :)

nt authority shut down patching not working

Hi

Looks like this might be the place to find some answers

I have downloaded the patch for windows xp, but when i try to install it it diappears(shuts down), during the inspection phase of the process. I have not read of anyone else with this problem, most install the patch and away they go.

Reply to Brian West's query.

Hallo, Brian, I guess you saw my [old] entry regarding NT Shutdown Notice, I just downloaded the patch to a 3 1/2" floppy after applying it & deleting the virus.
About a couple of months later, the virus returned, I just loaded the floppy again, & away it went. I of course keep a copy, in case it returns once again. The last time it came back, I already had an AV installed, so it didn't stop it. I haven't a firewall, so probably that's the reason.
This doesn't answer your problem of it disappearing I know but if you save it to floppy, at least you can try & try again [Igot the patch from Techspot of course]

Brian, just had a thought, I remember now, [it was over a year ago] I couldn't get get on to Techspot before NT shut me down, so I went to my local friendly computer shop, aptly named "Chips", & they went to TS & downloaded the patch to a floppy....£1! A friend who also had the problem, made himself a copy from mine, & he got rid.
Will that help?, you didn't say that you finally got rid of it, let me know.
Maurice [Cole]
Note, have floppy made, a disc didn't work for me, is that what you had?

Per Hansson, on a second look, I noticed the remark you made;-
"There are lies"....etc., do you know where that saying comes from?, I think not.
Why did you make that remark?, I can't see the connection, Brian asked for my help, & I gave it to the best of my ability, [see the later message I sent him.] I appreciate the fact that you are a staff member, so, if I have committed a faux-pas, tell me. I once had a staff of 150, & they all respected the fact that if I had a grievance, I saw them & told them.
My apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, touchiness increases with age!

Sorry for the delay, been busy latley (like the last two years ;-)

That comment is my forum signature, it was in no-way directed towards you...

It is (was?) more to make fun of nVidia back when they cheated in 3dmark...

Again, I'm sorry if you took offense

Per, thanks for the apo, I just couldn't see why you used your "signature" with no comment attached, I realise that you must be be busy..........TELL me about it!! I still get nightmares, & I've been retired for 13 years!
I presume only staff members get to use a forum sisnature!?

Back