nt authority/system error

Status
Not open for further replies.
everytime i turn on my computer and after it finishes startup i get a nt authority/system error that says i have 60secs left before it shuts down the computer, i know that i can do the shutdown -a thing but i dont know were to go from there, ive looked alot of other places and found nothing, and i cant get on the internet (netscape) because it closes to fast to let me even try to sign on, then i downloaded the blaster program from symantec onto a cd from another computer and it found nothing, any suggestions would be helpful

use your EVENT VIEWER to see what has failed.

You're getting a shutdown due to a system task failing.
When you can find the process name, we can at least avoid the shutdown
and then diagnose the cause of the failure of the system task.

Your system is riddled with a variety malware. I have therefore moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jd2 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

k well i think im just gonna format b/c that sounds the easiest and fastest for me thank you though

Ok, no problem mate and thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jd2 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back