ntkrnlmp.exe error code 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Greetings!

I googled a problem and found the subject here, however the person who originally posted was insulting and the admin closed the thread on him, LOL! (Which is kinda sad since it was so high on the results page) Anyways...

I have a PC here that has the following error when I run Windows 2000 Pro installation...

[CENTER]File \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7.[/CENTER]

I have tried two different W-2K CD's, changed out the RAM, reset the bios, and still recieve this error. I am not sure what my next step should be, as any solution I have found thus far requires that the system runs (which it doesn't and needs Windows installed) to copy the file into the correct folder on the hard drive. :giddy:

I would be VERY appreciative if any knowledgable person could help me out on this situation. THANX!

-Tom

I also had the very same problem, but found a way of fixing it. However, in my case this required two computers! Here's how I did it, and the problems I had along the way. I have a desktop with W2K and a laptop with XP Home. It is the laptop which I am trying to convert to W2K.

The first thing to do is copy the ntkrnlmp.exe file from the i386 folder on the W2K disc, into the i386 and $WIN_NT$ folders on the hard drive. However, each time I tried this, the file would not copy over and I received some 'cyclic redundancy' error.

I then copied this file from the disc onto my desktop with no problem. I then placed this file into a shared folder. Through the network, I then picked up the file from the shared folder via the laptop, and copied the file into the appropriate folders. No problems. I then restarted the laptop, and the installation of W2K completed. Bingo!

I hope this is of some help to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back