NTLDR error fixed but cpu not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had recently encountered the famous NTLDR missing error and as far as i know i was successful in copying the file back to where it needed to be but im now faced with a new problem.

my copmputer refuses to boot. When i turn it on it just shows the booting screen (where you see all of the computers statistics or whatever) then acts like itll boot but then just returns to the main booting screen in an endless cycle.

PLEASE help me if you know the cause or are able to help in anyway. my email is pink_sugar_magik@yahoo.com

thanks,
paige

I would first think master boot record is messed.
you have to ask why did you loose the ntldr files
on boot machine may not be seeing hard drive
if sata drive the drivers could be corrupted
same if scsi drive ,but not as likely.
If you have a small system and have your drive OS seperate from important files reformat and reload windows then reload all your programs<---thats the easy way<---
there are lots of dos boot utlitys that may get you back up but there will probably be hardware driver issues.
the boot looping that I have encountered comes from hardware driver software issues and 2nd ,not as common, bad hardware issue

:D i have no idea how, but my bf managed to tinker around with it enough to repair it. we lost all out programs but thank god our files were spared. thanks for your rely. its much appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back