ntldr missing or corrupt! i need files to fix it.(xp pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have pc with xp pro but the disk never came with the computer.when i turn the pc on it trys to boot, then says "ntldr missing" i need to have the files on floppy disk then somehow put them where they belong. im clueless, and getting stressed out using this 90mhz pc, ya u heard "90mhz" i need the other one going!!! feel free to e-mail me a solution tazzyg69@hotmail.com thankx!!!

NTLDR is missing or corrupt - FIX!!

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

essentially, boot to Recovery Console and copy the ntldr files to the root (generally C) drive.

should not post emails ,but it's your party
theres a link here to fix this should do search first read the sticky posts about this

so what you're saying is that if I have an e-mail that has a solution to this issue, I shouldn't post it?? that doesn't make any sense at all...I don't post stuff unless I know that the solution that I'm providing works.

Samstoned said:
should not post emails ,but it's your party
theres a link here to fix this should do search first read the sticky posts about this

I agree as you may now get a spamming. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back