NV30 information leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Nvidia claimed its NV30 chip will be twice as fast as the Geforce 4.

It confirms it will have 125 million transistors, and the chip will be able to render 100 dinosaurs from Jurassic Park at 100 frames per second.

The focus of chip marketing for this product is surely going to be as a cinematic shading GPU, as Nvidia will use full floating point or 128 bits per pixels. Company documents show that the engineers will focus on FSAA in this chip and this is the only way it can double the Ti4600 Geforce 4 by a factor of two.

Read more: The Inq.

And talking of NVIDIA, Anandtech also has some information on a new GeForce4 chip, supposedly named Ti4800, will be the same old card with AGP 8x support, nothing to be excited about really.

oh nooo another leak looks like we need a plumber Mario anyone?

Originally posted by TS | Julio
and the chip will be able to render 100 dinosaurs from Jurassic Park at 100 frames per second.

Why did they even bother to mention that? LoL. Could this sentence be be any more valueless and vauge? :eek:

the question is... is it 100 movie dinossaurs? 100 super nintendo dinossaurs? 100 game boy/gba dinossaurs?... hmmm tricky!

NV30 sounds sweet, and even when NVIDIA might arrive a tad late to the party, if they go out with a good/solid product they will recover the lead IMHO. After all, I don't think much of the people that bought a Ti4600 have switched to a new Radeon...

Originally posted by TS | Julio
NV30 sounds sweet, and even when NVIDIA might arrive a tad late to the party, if they go out with a good/solid product they will recover the lead IMHO. After all, I don't think much of the people that bought a Ti4600 have switched to a new Radeon...

I heard this before.. With the Voodoo 4/5/6000 ;)

Hopefully they won't have too many delays.

Maybe ATI will end up buying Nvidia's technology (and 3dfx's) when Nvidia go bust :) Or not.
I'm gonna stick by my GF3 until it becomes impossible to play any games at 1024 with reasonable graphic settings (hmm Doom III).

ATI had allready dhown a sample working with DDR-2 memory & Anandtech's review of the Gigabyte Radeon 9700 Pro reached 400mhz for the core. That's pretty impressive speed for a 0.15 part & it certainly means that they have great yields.

If nVIDIA really have great performance with the NV30, ATI certainly have the means to retaliate.

Not so long ago, it was nVIDIA that was in that position. Whenever a company released a card close to their flagship's performance, they release an SE or Ultra version. Right now, they're the ones trying to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back