Nv4_disp.dll BSOD Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been having computer blue screen of death for the past month or so, first it was IRQL_not_LESS_or_EQUAL, then PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, after searching for answers and wondering what was causing these errors, it seemed that after reinstalling my antivirus (Panda Internet Security 2007), the PFN_LIST CORRUPT error stopped happening. The IRQL_not_LESS_or_EQUAL error, I understood to be faulty RAM, just for some reason doesn't occur anymore. The IRQL error happened for about the first 2 weeks, now the past 2 weeks its been the PFN error. Since I reinstalled my antivirus, no errors happened for about 2 or 3 days, then an error came up again...this time, it lists no all caps error at the top, but instead at the bottom near where it says memory dump it says nv4.disp.dll or just nv4.disp. I'm thinking this could be a display driver problem? Which would mean I need to reinstall my graphics card/graphics card drivers? Please help! If there is a solution to this, I would much appreciate if someone would respond with steps to fix the problem.
Thanks!

Nv4_disp.dll = nvidia

It's a driver problem or you grafic card is broken.

Uninstall your nvidia drivers, go the nvidia site, download the latest drivers for your card, install them and the problem might go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back