Nv4_mini.sys/...disp.dll BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwillis

I have an x2 6000+, 2gb ram asus m2a-vm, and an 8800gt (512). I am getting random restarts in all intensive games (Crysis, Bioshock etc). I verified that the temps were all fine and ran memtest (no errors) and determined that my PSU was to blame. It's 450W, 27A but not a good brand. After that I unchecked autoreboots to see the BSOD and the first several were with nv4_mini.sys, like this:

STOP: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xBA4763636, 0xBA927360, 0x00000000)

nv4_mini.sys - Address BA473636 base at B9d8A000 datestamp 47567686"

The next one was with nv4_disp.dll, and i didn't copy all the other stuff down.

Does the error message mean anything to anyone, and does anyone agree/disagree with the diagnosis of a power problem? Reinstalling drivers didn't work, fyi.

Thanks!

That error is related to the video card or driver. Do you have the latest video driver? Cheap power supplies dont always put out the wattage they are advertised as having and I think you need at least 30a on the 6 pin rail for the video card. You will have all sorts of problems if the video card isnt getting enough clean voltage. The card can even be damaged. Id suggest getting at least a 500w unit. You can get an Enermax or Antec for about $50.

Yeah yeah the drivers are not the problem i think; i've used both 169.09 and 169.21 and nothing changes. I ordered this and I don't think I'll be disappointed.

yea that power supply will help your system but it is not DEFINETLY the cause of your problem. as vegasgmc said, this error relates directly to the gfx card or drivers.

if it doesnt work see if you can try another card/or different drivers. 2 drivers series isnt much of a test, especially 2 so close to one another.

I intstalled the psu and it didn't change anything... I did some sniffing around and finally figured out that my ram was undervolted. I upped it to 2.1V and now everything runs swimmingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back