nVidia 6600GT - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 6600GT is a good card. The card should run with 256MB or even less, but you really want at least 512 or preferably 1GB.

Regarding the games you listed, it should be able to run them pretty good, given that you have a good CPU, enough RAM, etc.

I wouldn´t use a 6600GT card with a P4 1.8GHZ for example.

The 6600GT is only on AGP or PCI-E I think. There isn´t too much difference between the two. Just that PCI-E is newer and faster technology.

Please post some system specs so we can help you a little more.

Regards :) :)

wolfram said:
The 6600GT is a good card. The card should run with 256MB or even less, but you really want at least 512 or preferably 1GB.

Regarding the games you listed, it should be able to run them pretty good, given that you have a good CPU, enough RAM, etc.

I wouldn´t use a 6600GT card with a P4 1.8GHZ for example.

The 6600GT is only on AGP or PCI-E I think. There isn´t too much difference between the two. Just that PCI-E is newer and faster technology.

Please post some system specs so we can help you a little more.

Regards :) :)
Hmm... that's bad news.

I am hopefully upgrading from 256mb to either 512mb or 1gb shortly.

As for my CPU :dead:, I have a Celly 1.8GHZ. :(

That would be a GREAT BOTTLENECK to the video card.
I think you have an AGP slot on your PC.

You could buy it, but it would be a great waste of money! :unch: puke:

You should be a little better with a Radeon 9600 or a 9550 AGP. But, if I were you, I would start a new system from scratch.

wolfram said:
That would be a GREAT BOTTLENECK to the video card.
I think you have an AGP slot on your PC.

You could buy it, but it would be a great waste of money! :unch: puke:

You should be a little better with a Radeon 9600 or a 9550 AGP. But, if I were you, I would start a new system from scratch.
Thing is, money's tight atm and seeing as I am only 14 my income is quite low.

kangaruffian said:
get used agp 6600GT or 6800 but like wolfram said your cpu is bottleneck and ram should be at least 512
Can you explain what you mean by 'bottleneck'?

I assume it just means that it will limit the performance of the chip?

Can you post some system specs??

Then we could help you to choose a cheap, and good video card. I assume that you live in the US right??

wolfram said:
Can you post some system specs??

Then we could help you to choose a cheap, and good video card. I assume that you live in the US right??
Nope, I live in the UK.

A good site to look at is www.overclockers.co.uk

Specs:

CPU: Intel Celeron 1.8ghz
Mobo: Trigem IM845GL
Video: Intel Integrated Graphics (sigh)
RAM: 256mb DDR RAM (soon to upgrade to either 512mb or 1gb)

Yes and no.. noway to run Oblivion with your puter what ever GPU put it in. but those r way much better than current onboard intel chip..and bf2 u want losta memory it will help
if u want to play latest game u must have at least good cpu AMD Athlon 64/ Intel Pentium D 1-2Gb mem and decent Nvidia 6-7 series/Ati x1800 GPU..
U can try to play with your puter those games; crank every eyecandy off and use 640x480 res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back