nVidia 7300GT power indicator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I cannot seem to get to the bottom of this one.
I have had problems before with a 'newer' graphics card having there own power connector for direct input of power from the PSU, and alot of the time the cards complain about a shortage of power and it is almost always fixed by drivers or bios flashes.

And then theres my own one...
I recently purchased a Winfast A7300GT TDH for my own computer and immediately started getting power indicator error messages on windows startup. Sometimes it will pop up once, other times it will flood my startup with over 100 popups and even start to jam my computer.
So i started with the driver updates directly from the Leadtek site, actually improved the performance alittle but i still get the message. I flashed my Mobo bios to the latest revision, then i tried to flash my GPU bios. More problems!(By the way I know that this isn't a super great card, i didn't want to spend another $700 knowing that price will be halved in 2 months!!)

I tried to use WinFox(leadteks prefered method) and i noticed it wasn't representing what kind of graphics card i have(normally displays this on the right panel, this was just blank). The flash couldn't work because it couldn't read the current bios. I also noticed it doesn't have any of the O/C mechanisms activated. (WINFOX II and completely up-to-date)

So now I'm starting to think it's my PSU. I haven't considered this earlier because its pretty new and 600W!! But i'm thinking more and more that it really is a power issue. I noticed on the side of the PSU the specs are indicating that the 12v rail is pushing only 18A! and that does seem just a little low... especially for a 600W PSU.

The card seems to run fine but I'm sure it could run better. And I'll be pretty annoyed if it is my PSU seeing as I bought it only 6 months ago too! I'm going to regret buying a stock PSU aren't I!!!

P.S Leadtek aren't a great help either(just stopped replying to my emails after first few attempts at helping me!!)

System Specs:
ASUS P5PE-VM (1402 revision)
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz
1Gb DDR RAM
Winfast A7300GT TDH (AGP and 94.92 latest drivers)
Windows XP PRO SP2(Updated)
Not sure what else is relevant please let me know.

pdyckman@comcas said:
Can't you go to "Nvidia" website and download their 7300 GT drivers? It is one of their graphics processors.

I have tried using the Nvidia specific drivers but they work the same and they are still the 94.92 version, the only difference is that they represent the graphics card name as an "Nvidia 7300GT" without the additional "Winfast A7300GT TDH" name, which is what this card is.

Thanks I have looked at some of those forums, I'm interested to know exactly how many amps my +12v rail needs for this card, I can't seem to find an answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back