NVIDIA 7950 DRIVER AND PRODUCT QUALIFICATION Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed this puppy and it seems I need a bigger power supply to run all my goodies without blowing firewire ports left and right.

Is this card just for gaming because I see no improvement when it comes to performance increases since I've upgrading from my old 6800....doesn't run faster with my Video editing sofware and it's blowing my drivers up for my Onyx 400. I'm building this computer for recording music, graphics and video editing.

ASUS P5LD2
Pentium EM64T 3.0
2 GIG MEM
FSB 800
4 Sata DROVES - RAID
DVD+R/+RW DL
500 Watt Power supply
UAD1 Effects Card
Onyx 400 - fireware
Mackie External Speakers HR824

Any help on the best card for video editing NOT GAMING would be appreciated as well as why my audio drivers keep blowing up would be nice to know...

I changed out the firewire card on the system because I assumed that my external hard drive and Mackie were competing for power and I needed to move from PCI to PCIE on the 1394 in order to load a TV card. Still didn't fix the problem however even without using the external drive I keep audio for no reason and have to reinstall the audio drivers to get it back. I did order a 750 power supply so I'm hoping this will help with my power needs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Help a gal out!

Thanks,
HT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back