Nvidia card and Coutner Strike Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nvidia 5600 256mb ram. I can play Counter Strike 1.6 fine. I get around 80 FPS. When I play on A Counter Strike Source server I get around 17 fps. I updated my drivers to the 77.76, Anyone know how to fix?

PC specs
os Win xp
processor 2.4
ram 1.5

Is that the 5600 mobile (laptop) card that you are talking about? If so where did you get the drivers? Sorry I can't answer your question. I would tell you to revert back to your old drivers.

The HL2 engine is a whole other ball game compared to CS 1.6, and really you shouldn't be comparing them.

Honestly, with that card I am not too surprised at your fps. I think you may be expecting too much from that card... :(

You could try doing some tweaking to get better frame rates before you make the jump to a newer card.

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_1.html

If you are still not happy after tweaking, then yes it may be time for a new card. Hard to say really without knowing the stats of your current computer. Can you fill in your profile with your specs?

How much ram do you have now? I'm assuming your video card is AGP8x? For the $200 budget, you are looking at either the 6600GT or a 9800pro. Both are excellent cards for a budget level graphics card. Again, I'd want to know the specs of your computer before recommending the upgrade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back