nVidia detonators : a new defense system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didou

I've been having a few problems with the latest detonators, most recent one being the Icon issue.

Seeing as newer detonators aren't really optimised for GF4 generations, I decided to uninstall them & reinstall a previous version ( 4x.xx & the likes ).

Add/Remove programs is summoned & I can't find the nVidia display drivers entry. I just have a generic nVidia drivers. Oh well, I click on that, then click uninstall.

A new box shows up & offers me multiple choices ( What's this ? A survey of some sort ??? :suspiciou ).

• Remove all drivers, including display drivers
  • Remove all drivers, except display drivers
  • Remove only the following : & I can choose Audio driver, IDE driver, Memory Controller driver & PCI Management driver.

Exhibit A ->

if_i_go_down_i_take_everyone_with_me.png

Argh !!! You tyran of a PC !!! I shall remove your good quality Ram & feed you nothing but generic crapola PC133 overclocked to PC2100 Ram if you keep this up !!!
toad666.gif

Seriously, can't I just remove the display drivers by themselves ? :confused:

I did install the display drivers separate from the nForce drivers so why don't they show up individually ?

Didou is asking nVidia questions?

First thing is you need to do is to teach that computer english. I'm sure you've already fixed it, but if not; which MB drivers and which vid drivers are you running? I've come up with a few tricks for nVidia drivers since they went and put the video drivers in the motherboard drivers back in ver 3.13 and now redesigned nVmixer. What a ******* idea that was.

See me in IRC on Starchat server channel #3dspotlight (AKA the old name of Techspot website). Didou knows where it is but others might not. :)

/me reserves his right to use a non-English Windows...:p

I finally uninstalled them but it was not too pretty. I went in the device manager, click on the GF4 4200 & chose uninstall. After rebooting, I used a driver cleaner to make sure there weren't any leftover files.

After trying out the 45.23 drivers which did not fy MY PROBLEM, I went to the 56.72 & now everything seems to be working fine (after a bit of fiddling).:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back