Nvidia Device Driver Problem...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeloughran05

Hi,

I'm knew and haven't got the best of knowledge on computers but wondering if someone could help me! While i was playing games, my monitor would switch off but the harddriver would continue to run, i thought the game was the problem but it has continued once i un-installed it, microsoft said it was caused by a Nvidia Device Driver! I checked the website, and all the updates are already installed on my computer. I've added some of my computer specs onto my profile.

Thanks for your help! :grinthumb
Dee.

Are you using the latest driver for your card? If not then try it. If so, then try an older driver.

Hi,

Thanks for that, i'm using the newest driver (my computers only 3 months old and already problems!), last night the computer kept coming up 'out of range' on the monitor screen so i put in my other monitor and it works! Do you think i have my monitor settings wrong, or maybe a display driver is corrupt? If you think it is my settings, would anyone know the reccomended settings for a 'digimate 17" L1715'.

Thanks,
Dee

"out of range" probably means you have your monitor refresh rate is set to high. Try setting it to 60 Hz. And try setting your screen resolution lower. To change refresh rates, right click on your desktop, then properties/settings/advanced/monitor.

If your new monitor is a LCD type, it cannot handle higher refresh rates that a CRT monitor can. In either case you should check and see what the maximum refresh rate your monitor can handle and never go over that.

Hi,

Yeh it is an LCD monitor, i looked up the reccommended settings (75 for refresh rate and 1280 x 1024 for screen resolution) - which i had it on! I lowered it anyway, and my games have started to work a bit longer without the monitor switching off, but it is still happening! The hard drive is still running O.K, any other ideas?

Thanks! :grinthumb
Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back