Nvidia e-GeForce 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this graphics card today since it was black friday ;) and i come to realize that my dell dimension e510 only runs on 305 W and the minimum for the card is 350 :(. What should i do? give the card a try or should i buy a new power supply?! plz help!!! Some of my comp specs are im running microsoft windows XP, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.00 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM, and currently have ati raedon x300 with 128 mb.

The Dell computer you have should get a more powerful power supply if you intend to upgrade much at all. It would get your new graphics processor going, and come in handy as you may add other upgrades as well. I have owned a Dell in the quality range of the one that you have and their power supplies aren't the greatest to begin with. When (if) you sell the Dell you can always put the old power supply back in. I imagine that you would keep your graphics card as well, and just put the Dell as it was when you got it. Adding a power supply that's considerably better than your present one is always a good idea. That way, everything in your machine will operate at maximum performance (no lack of power). G'Luck

pdyckman@comcas said:
The Dell computer you have should get a more powerful power supply if you intend to upgrade much at all. It would get your new graphics processor going, and come in handy as you may add other upgrades as well. I have owned a Dell in the quality range of the one that you have and their power supplies aren't the greatest to begin with. When (if) you sell the Dell you can always put the old power supply back in. I imagine that you would keep your graphics card as well, and just put the Dell as it was when you got it. Adding a power supply that's considerably better than your present one is always a good idea. That way, everything in your machine will operate at maximum performance (no lack of power). G'Luck
Your psu is fine for the 8600GT. I have a Dell that had the same 305w psu and had been running an XFX 8600GT XXX on it for the past 6 months. You could even run a 8600GTS if you wanted.
Your 305w psu has 22amps which is plenty. Here is your psu:
http://www.centrix-intl.com/showpix.asp?pixsource=0d5032.jpg&pixselect=0d5032-2.jpg
I just changed-out my psu so I can run the 8800GT SC.
I don't know where this mis-information from the "experts" comes from.

2 sep. monitors with the e-geforce 8600gt

is it possible to run 2 independent monitors with the e-geforce 8600gt 512m ddr3 vid. card???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back