nVidia ForceWare Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdFusion1990

I recently purchased a computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor, 2gb of DDR2 800 ram, and a Nvidia 8800GTX video card. I am playing BF2 and Oblivion and I'm getting strange artifacts. The artifacts only occur in shadows (only on objects and NPCs). The shadows flicker constantly and really get on my nerves. I installed the drivers from the disk that came with the video card and I have the latest version of DirectX. I have Windows XP Professional x64. I really need help getting things normal and flicker free.

One other thing: When I start Oblivion and go to options,(not in-game), I try to set HDR and 8x AA at the same time and it won't work! I thought this card can do that! Also some of my games get errors telling me it can't recognize my card and something about OpenGL. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wrong!!!
The Nvidia 8800 Series Can Run Both Hdr+aa At The Same Time!!!
Install The Latest Beta Drivers From Nvidia!!!

Yes, you'll need to download the 64 bit drivers. If you're running the drivers that came with the card and your operating system is Windows 64 bit, the 32 bit Windows XP/Media Center drivers won't work properly. Go to the NVIDIA site and download the 64 bit drivers. Just make sure that before you install them, you completely uninstall the current drivers you have installed from the disk (I believe they are the 97.02 version). Then you can install the correct 64 bit version.

NFSFAN said:
Wrong!!!
The Nvidia 8800 Series Can Run Both Hdr+aa At The Same Time!!!
Install The Latest Beta Drivers From Nvidia!!!

I didn't realize that; I guess I should read up more on the 8800 :( . The only problem with beta drivers is that they are sometime not completely bug-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back