Nvidia Geforce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

PISSED

I just bought this card,after installing it it would run perfectly for about an hour,then the computer freezes,and in gameplay I get the weirdest lagg.I already uninstalled the old one which was a Geforce 5200.this card is suppose to help fix my freeze and lagg problems but it worsens it,any suggestions?Specs are-AMD 64 3400 processor,RAM 512mb,200gb harddrive 7200 rpm,Nvidia Geforce 6200 turbo cache

Check for overheating.

Also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

If it`s a cheap generic psu. It won`t be capable of putting out anywhere near it`s rated output. Even a good quality psu will only achieve around 70% efficiency.

Look at this psu wattage calculator HERE

Regards Howard :)

nope

It ain't overheating, and power supplies correct,I got the right driver installed,when it freezes it makes a weird buzzing sound.It irritates me very much.The calculator doesn't have most of my computer specs.I don't think its my psu, cuz I had this pc 4 a year now, and it did the freezing crap when i had the stock graphics card which is a Nvidia GeForce FX5200xt.

What psu do you have?

Make, model, and wattage please.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers installed, including your chipset drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back