nvidia geforce 8 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlawarrior781

hi im new to these forums and this website. i need to buy a new video card, preferably in the 8 series, but i dont kno which one to get. i would like to kno the price of some good 8 series cards and i would also like to kno if my motherboard can handle these video cards. here are my pc specs.

PC SPECS:
Dell Dimesion E521
CPU: Amd Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0 Ghz)
RAM: 2GB DDR2 (4 PC2-4200 512 MB sticks)
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6150 LE
Monitor: Dell 15" LCD (maximum resolution 1600 x 1200) (im not planning on buying a new monitor so if this effects wat type of video card i need, let me kno)

if u need more info, let me kno and il tell u. im not really good with computers. Again i would prefer video cards in the 8 series, but if they have 7 series video cards that are better, cheaper, and my mother board can handle then let me kno. i would prefer not to go above $200.

I have your same system. The best 8000 series you can put in is the 8600GTS. That's with the stock psu, no upgrade needed since nothing better will fit in it.
The 7000 series up to 7900GT. If you go with a 7 series, I would put a 7900GS in it. The 7's have a 256bit bus, the 8's 128bit bus but have DX10.

kpo6969 said:
I have your same system. The best 8000 series you can put in is the 8600GTS. That's with the stock psu, no upgrade needed since nothing better will fit in it.
The 7000 series up to 7900GT. If you go with a 7 series, I would put a 7900GS in it. The 7's have a 256bit bus, the 8's 128bit bus but have DX10.

o hey thanks a lot man. im planning on getting a 500 W PSU but thats gonna be in a while. i want this video card to last. wats this bus that ppl be talking about. is it how fast the VRAM travels? well anyway thanks man. il search these on newegg, find out which one's cheaper, and make a decision. thanks a lot.

Why do you need a new psu? You can't put a card in it that requires it. Also you just can't put any old psu in there.
Your 305w psu has 22amps on the 12v.

kpo6969 said:
Why do you need a new psu? You can't put a card in it that requires it. Also you just can't put any old psu in there.
Your 305w psu has 22amps on the 12v.

yea i guess ur rite. wastage of money as far as im concernced. so im planning on getting the 8600 GT. do u kno by who should i get it. EXACTLY which one. i like EVGA. i bought my last video card from them. also i thought the more VRAM a video card the better it is. i thought the rest of the stuff it has is nothing without VRAM.

kpo6969 said:
This is the one I use. Good deal too. I paid $165.00 for it back in May when they 1st came out. O'cd out of the box at 620/1600mhz.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229

nice video card. im gonna buy it. that is if my mom is willing to pay. she owes me a bday present. lol. if this is too expensive for her, im planning on buying this one then.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130085

the only difference between this one and the one u suggested is different maker and its not overclocked. o also the one u suggested came with a free game. : )

That's even better. My system is a Dell so I can't really o'c. XFX has the double-warranty and the Evga the step-up program so either is a good choice. I'm too old to mess around with o'cing anyway.

beef_jerky4104 said:
eVGA is superior to XFX
Don't make unnecessary comments. Both EVGA and XFX make very fine cards, better than most. Neither is "superior", biases go both ways.

yea im gonna buy the XFX cuz it comes with a free game. im gonna order it tomorrow. though im using a check cuz my mom dont got a credit card. hope it doesnt take longer cuz of a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back