NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 preventing hibernation.. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirei Blossom

My computer has been acting strangely for a while now. First, whenever I restart I get a "this system has just recovered from a serious error" message. I posted a few minidumps on this forum but most of my minidumps are corrupted.

Today, when I hibernated the computer and later tried to turn it on again, a screen appeared saying "could not recover data to boot the system" so I chose to run the normal reboot and it started up, got the 'has recovered from serious error' window, and the entire resolution of my screen was set up too big. I tried hibernating it again, but a message came up saying

"The device driver for NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 device is preventing the machine from entering hibernation."

And now the computer seems to be acting a bit slow when I scroll the screen up or down.

Help. What does this mean? I'm a complete computer newbie and have no idea how to fix the problem. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

try downloading the latest compatible drivers for your graphics card from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

find the latest one thats compatible and install it, dnt forget to uninstall your old drivers first i presume you are using windows XP thats where the link was from the options said Windows Xp so i hope you are if your not reply and i will find you the right link...hope this helps

It seemed like the problem had fixed itself, so I didn't do anything.. but now almost the same problem is happening again.. When I hibernated, and then tried to start the system again, it froze midway.. actually, the monitor went completely blank and the light kept flashing on and off. And now when I hibernate, it doesn't let me, saying that its the same problem with the NVIDIA thing.

Plus, right now, the display is quite slow when I scroll the screen up or down or watch video. I don't know which driver to install.. so could you tell me which one I need? I have Windows XP Home Edition and the Display Adapter is NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400.. help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back