Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 and the docs say it supports mutliple monitors. However, the card only has one VGA out but has pins on the board that look like you could add a daughter card of maybe even a ribbon cable that allows for another VGA output. It does not have a DVI output only one VGA output and the connecion on the card itself.

HELP! Where can I get this adaptor and has anyone used this type of rig before.....THANKS!!!

I think what you are looking at is a DVI connector - Which is supported by digital visual devices.

You can find adapters for DVI --> VGA for about 10-15 bucks at most places that sell them. Of course, I have seen very few local shops that sell such things around here.

An example:
http://www.svideo.com/dvi.html

The pins you talk about lorenzo-tn are the "VGA feature connector", a relic from 8-bit color age. It was used by video capture devices for example and i suppose it could have been used for monitor duplication too. Since nobody uses the standard VGA mode today, it's virtually useless.

Since the docs for this card say it will support multiple monitors and only one VGA output, I'm at a loss to figure out how this thing works. The docs are no help either.

Thanks for your replies.

Your docs might cover more than one version of the card, rather than just your specific model. The fact that you say your card is a GeForce2 MX/MX 400 seem to bear this out (i.e. GeForce2 MX and GeForce2 MX400). Covering more than one model in a manual is actually quite common, and my GeForce2 Ti manual tells me that my card has built-in diagnostics and a TV connector, but unfortunately the model I have is the down spec'd cheaper version without these features. Some manufacturers even claim that having a TV out connection makes their card a multi-monitor card.

CanuteFriend of the Dodo

Hello all, please excuse non-introduction as have to bolt out!

This is not a solution but a different problem.
My problem is to convince my MX/MX400 know that I do NOT have two monitors, as it insists that I DO!! It shows two monitors in the display box, both running on the 400.
The single monitor is new. Phillips 107E4.
The machine is pre-owned and the CDs that came with the card do not have a solution, nor have I been able to locate any help yet on the Net..hence this post!

Help to get this thing to show only one monitor would be greatly appreciated as I am about to reach for the sledge hammer.

Thanks in hope.

Canute

Select the wrong monitor and untick the radio box telling Windows to extend your desktop on that monitor.

Or if you are just paranoid, go to Device Manager and delete all the displays you don't really have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back