nvidia GeForce3 Ti200 and Guild Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

leem

Hello, I just reformatted my computer and got Guild Wars. I think I am having a problem with my video card. When I try to play, it lets me get all the way into the game, but when I try to move, the screen turns into a bunch of white, rusty, black, and blue vertical lines. I have to restart my computer.

I have an Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200 @ 128 Mb.
I have xp homeSP2
My driver for my card is Forceware version 71.89.
Bus AGP4x
Bios version 3.20.00.26
Direct x 9.0 or better.

Could this be caused by another bad driver or a setting problem?

I really want to play Guild Wars, it looks so fun!!!!!

thanks you.

OH, I have 756 ram, 2.0 processor, and a ECS P4S5A 1.0 motherboard.

It clearly states in the manual that guild wars only supports the nvidia TI3 series or up. I would sugest a 5600 or up to fully enjoy all guild wars have to offer

I have a GeForce3 too, nothing titanium though. I've used the same driver, but for some reason the game crashes after a couple of minutes if I play fullscreen. It plays just fine in windowed mode. Currently I use ForceWare 61.77 driver.

belay that order!

DON'T upgrade to the newest nVidia drivers. I posted a great thread at the top of this forum about geforce drivers. if your card is unsupported by GW, you can try to use another version in the series applicable to your card, but chances are upgrading to the newest nVidia forceware drivers not only won't work, but might make it worse.

with an unsupported card, its a toss up. but still, try different drivers before anything else.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back