Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 TV output notworking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I am new in this forum I see alot of interaction, so please accept me.

I purchase a new nvidia Geforce4 MX440 64 mb. When I install winXP it pick SIS 315 driver. After I install its CD it is changing to Geforce4 MX440. The problem is I dont have any option to select the TV output and there isnt any display on the TV either.

Any help is greatly appreciated

the sis 315 is a 256bit 3d chip, (integrated onto your motherboard?). unless you are using that as well, disable it. hook up your equipment to the MX440 and try setting your TV up again.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

First off what brand and model?
Does it have svideo out or dual vga?
I believe only the pci ver. has hdtv and tv out.
Picking the SiS drivers for a geForce product won't work.
nVidia drivers

G'Luck

TV output for Ge4 MX440

I am using Aopen MoBo AK73(V)-A AMD 1152 mhz actual. withonly sound AC97 built in. I also have PixelView card for TV input and G4 MX440 AGP card with analoge VGA output, normal coaxial TV output and Digital output for LCD screens.
I set up the TV still it is not working with me.

I am using winXP. and during the set up I see my VGA working fine (without TV output) with SIS driver 315 it pichs it up during windows installation.
I was adviced to use TVtool but when I installed it it says that no nvidia card is detected. Furthermore I used the latast driver software from Nvidia web page and it gave me that no Nvidia chipset detected which I think that this card is embeded with SIS chip. I used alot of options but still may be you gents can help meon this

Regards

Exactly the same problem

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I'm running Windows XP on intel 2.66ghz, intel 865 motherboard. Any help out there please?

forcing your TV connector

Try this. With the computer off ,disconnect your monitor and connect your TV to your TV connector on your grafic card. Turn on your computer and the way the Gforce 4 440mx works ,it looks for a monitor and when it is not there, it turns the TV connector on to look for a monitor there. You should see the post bootup on your TV,if you connected your TV right:) Hope it helped you.

Hi, I have the Intel 845 chopset motherboard and the GeForce 4 MX 440 *x agp CARD. I wanna get the DVI output to work with my lcd, unfortunately, the same issue persists, the windows automatically loads the SiS315 drivr for the graphics card. And i can change the driver to MX 440 with the 44.xx version for win 2000, but not with the more updated XP driver(i use winXP). So two thing ii understood from reponses is to how to i disable the equipment and the second attempt to use only the DVI connector only does not force an active connection. Please advise.

Hi guys, have tried the above-yet no solution
Intel 845 chipset motherboard
GeForce4 MX 440 8X AGP Card
Problem: win xp automatically loads the SiS 315 driver
Can update it with only the win 2000 driver ver 44.XX, but not the more updated winxp drivers that support the cards, it says that my hardware isnot supported.
How do i get to disable SIS hardware? and get software for TV output to work and the DVI connecter to work
Also i tried with the only active connector to the TV but the card doesn't force the active connection to the TV.
Please Help

K, forget the DVI output, I mean, first i thought the MX 440 AGP card driver was the issue, since only a win 2000 version was accepted by my win xp. and none of the updated drivers were recognizing my card. Upon booting my system, the card is recognized as Nvidia Geforece 4 MX 440 64 mb card.
The plug and play always recognized it as an SIS But then i was told video card. the problem here is in both of the above cases i never got the output settings options in the advanced section of the display properties.
But i found out that maybe it is a fake card which is actually an sis card. so got the updated sis for win xp, now after the win logon screen the windows comes on a blank screen, can see it boot and log on to windows but windows upon logging on is blank, no desktop.. and now i cant get it back to working screen in windows, also in safe mode it gets stuck in the agp440.sys, NEED HELP GUYS!

If you think you got a fake card then look at the chip on the card under the cooler and compare it to the bootup information .Its the very first bootup information when you turn on your computer. :)
Hope this helps.If it is the wrong bios then you have to load up the right bios for your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back